New Funding Opportunities for Youth Mentoring ProgramsJuly 30, 2013 Mobius
Dear Friends of Mentoring:
I hope you are all having a great summer. I am pleased to announce the grant guidelines related to the 2013-2014 VT Mentoring Grants. Please note there are several changes.
- Mobius is now managing all the grant-making processes previously handled by the Vermont Mentoring Funders Collaborative.
- Grant names have changed and applications will now be made according to the type of funding sought rather than the funding source. These three types of grants are:
1) Growth and Quality Enhancements Grants – previously Vermont Mentors!, Mentoring in Schools! (MIS!) Implementation and 2nd Year Grants
2) New Program Planning Grants – previously MIS! Planning Grants (this grant is now available for both school-based and community-based programs)
3) Special Opportunity Grants (these grants will become available as special opportunities arise)
- Moving forward, all VT Mentoring Grant applications will be made via the new Vermont Mentoring Database (CiviCore). The grant application portion of the system will go live on August 15. If you do not already have a basic (free) agency profile in the system, please contact Benji@mentorvt.org to receive log-in information.
In order to accommodate a transition to a new July – June fiscal year, Mobius is staggering grant application deadlines to guarantee the greatest support to the greatest number of programs. There will be two grant cycles this year.
- The first cycle will be from October 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014 with an application due date of September 3rd. Only programs who have not received a FY ’13 Vermont Mentors! grant are eligible.
- The second cycle will be for a six-month period: from January 1, 2014 to June 30, 2014. The application date for this grant cycle is November 15, 2013.
These two grant cycles represent a creative partnership of the Vermont Agency of Human Services and Mobius, Vermont’s Mentoring Partnership, made possible by the commitment of the Vermont legislature to mentoring through a $170,000 grant and financial contributions by The A.D. Henderson Foundation and The Permanent Fund for Vermont’s Children.
If you are a Vermont program (who has not received a FY ’13 Vermont Mentors! Grant) providing 1:1 long-term mentoring services to youth and meet at least one of the criteria below, you are eligible to apply for a Growth and Quality Enhancement Grant, due September 2, 2013.
- committed to increasing the quantity and/or quality of mentoring matches
- dedicated to the implementation of a new quality program, or
- would have been eligible for a 2nd-year MIS! Grant,
Applicants should note that growth, measured outcomes, collaboration, and program sustainability are of paramount importance.
The Vermont Core Standards are available on the Mobius website and have been recently revised with input from the Program Leadership Council. Please review carefully for any changes.
Site visits are part of the grant review process. Should your application meet grant criteria, you will be contacted to arrange for a visit. Grant awards are expected to be announced by the end of September 2013.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Paula Francis, formerly of the Vermont Mentoring Funders Collaborative, will work with Mobius as a consultant during this round of grants, and can be reached at 802-279-4092.
Thank you for all you do and enjoy the rest of the summer!
Mobius Executive Director