Who Mentored You? January 15 is Thank Your Mentor Day!January 14, 2015 National Mentoring Month
Hello Mentoring Supporters,
January is National Mentoring Month and mentoring programs in Vermont are celebrating throughout the month with events, benefits and mentor appreciation nights. We would love to have you join us in celebrating mentoring this Thursday, January 15th, for Thank Your Mentor Day!
How can you join the ‘Thank You Mentor Day’ celebration? You can thank the mentors in your life by recognizing them in the national conversation. On Thursday, Mobius will join mentoring programs and supporters from across the country on a social media campaign to thank mentors, spread awareness of the positive impacts of mentoring, and encourage more people to volunteer! The conversation will be held across multiple social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and will be unified by images, hashtags and shoutouts.
Join the National ‘Thank Your Mentor Day’ Celebration:
- Create a post about your mentor and tag your mentor, your friends and all those associated with the relationship in your post. (Feel free to tag us too!)
- Use hashtags #SomeoneWhoMatters, #MentoringWorks, and/or #NationalMentoringMonth to connect your post to the conversation.
- Add an image of you and your mentor or use the ‘Thank You’ image provided by MENTOR National. (right-click the image above, and select ‘save image as’ to download it)
- Represent mentoring! If you’re a mentor, post about the benefits you received while being a mentor.
- Follow us on Facebook and/or Twitter to receive the latest news, updates and stories on mentoring in Vermont, and share our posts with your friends and followers.
If you would like to get information or attend any of the Vermont celebrations, please feel free to read through the Redstone Mentoring Events Calendar for details. We would love you to be involved in the celebrations! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or inquiries–I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Thank you for all you do to support youth in Vermont!
(AmeriCorps VISTA member at Mobius)