MENTOR Vermont envisions a future in which every young person in Vermont has the supportive mentoring relationships they need to grow and develop into thriving, productive, and engaged adults. In order to achieve this goal, we have collaborated with our funding partners to create the Vermont Mentoring Grants. With funding support from the A.D. Henderson Foundation and the Vermont Department for Children and Families, MENTOR Vermont strives to support, expand, and enhance the quality of existing mentoring programs, while also to helping to establish new adult-to-youth mentoring programs. We support this critical work by making grants and providing technical assistance, with the ultimate goal of sustainably increasing the quality and quantity of mentoring matches statewide.
The 2019-2020 Vermont Mentoring Grant Process is Now Open!
2019-2020 Vermont Mentoring Grants Request for Proposals
This grant is designed to fund one-to-one adult-to-youth mentoring programs serving youth in Vermont which operate at least 25 weeks of programming a year and whose matches meet at minimum one hour a week or four hours a month (depending on program model). This includes:
- The first-year implementation of new mentoring programs.
- The growth of a new program in its second year of implementation.
- The expansion of established programs to serve more youth or expand into underserved areas.
- Established mentoring programs that meet best practices.
The 2019-2020 Vermont Mentoring Grants timeline:
- June 27 – August 2, 2019: Pre-grant writing meetings
- August 9, 2019: Grant applications due
- August 30, 2019: Grant decision letters mailed out
- September 1, 2019: Start of grant year and funds released (if available) once signed grant agreement is received
- January 15, 2020: Interim grant reports due
- May 31, 2020: End of grant year
- June 15, 2020: Year-end reports due
2019-2020 New Program Planning Grants
2019-2020 New Program Planning Grant Request for Proposals
There is a rolling application deadline for organizations seeking funding for planning. The availability of funds may vary during the course of the year so, in order to assure the best possible results, you are requested to contact MENTOR Vermont as soon as you begin to consider the start-up of a new program, and ideally by August 9, 2019. Please contact [email protected] to learn more.
Previous Funding Cycles:
- 2018-2019 Vermont Mentoring Grant Award Page
- 2017-2018 Vermont Mentoring Grant Award Page
- 2016-2017 Vermont Mentoring Grant Award Page
- 2015-2016 Vermont Mentoring Grant Award Page
- 2014-2015 Vermont Mentoring Grant Award Page